Monday, October 02, 2006

Applesauce

I just made some very good applesauce...so I thought I'd share...Ive heard applesauce freezes really well and is very good for you..so if you get a chance, run up to the mountains (or Publix:)) and pick some fresh delicious apples for this recipe:

Peel, core and cut into chunks 4 firm, slightly tart apples (I used mutsu). Place them in pot with just enough apple juice to cover them. Boil until tender. Drain the apples and put them in a food processor..and process until nice and smooth (if you like it chunky you might want to just use a potato masher). Add 1-2 tbl. sugar (depending on how tart your apples are), about 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Mix a little more, and enjoy!

1 comment:

VA said...

K I can't read your blog at school...it makes me drool too much. I esp like your pics of the food. I thought of your blog last night when I had the wierdest thing for dinner (cena). I was basically an omlet with lessuer peas...at first I was like EW but it was actually pretty good!