Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bonus!

Ok, here's a recipe I just got from Elizabeth...haven 't tried it yet, but since she's one of the best cooks I know, I trust her. Here's a recipe for oven chicken that sounds GREAT! If you try it before I do, let me know how it is-i'll post your comments here-

Elizabeth's Bisquick Chicken:

1 whole chicken cut up
2 tsp of your favorite chicken seasoning. (E uses McCormick's Rotisserie chicken seasoning)
1 Cup Bisquick
butter or margarine

Preheat oven to 425, and place the dishes you will cook the chicken in to preheat as well (one 9 x 13 and one 9 x 9 glass pans). Combine bisquick and seasoning. Dredge chicken in mixture, shake excess off. When pans and oven are preheated, remove pans and add enough butter or margarine to melt and coat the bottom of the pans. Add chicken skin side down. Bake for 25 minutes, turn chicken, and cook an additional 15 minutes.

No comments: