Sunday, August 20, 2006

We're cooking now!!

Today has been a great food day! Matt and I have spent the entire day cooking and cooking...he's working on some "Take Your Time Ribs" and Im working on the sides. It's not ready yet, but im taking pictures and keeping track of recipes. I'll report on them after we eat. However I have some great news.... I got my first recipe contribution! Thanks E!! Here comes slow cooker pot roast..delicious, quick, and you have everything you need in the cupboard. Here's the recipe:


Tender Slow Cooker Roast
Delicious and tender and makes its own gravy!

3-4 lb boneless rump roast
1 pkg powdered brown gravy mix
1 pkg Lipton Onion soup mix
Garlic powder (I use 1/2 tsp per pound of meat)
1 to 1 1/2 c water
Place roast in slow cooker with the fat side up.
Season with garlic powder; sprinkle roast with a little of the dry gravy mix and put some along side of roast in bottom of slow cooker. Do the same with the dry onion soup mix. Pour 1 to 1 1/2c water in pot along side of roast.
Cover and cook on low all day. (If it's after noon when I start this, then I put it on high for an hour or so and then switch to low).

1 comment:

Copyright © Elizabeth Hertz Puglise 2009 said...

Note from "E": This recipe orinated from someone named "Barbara" on the internet; however, I altered it and made it my own.