Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Adventures of Chicken Parmesan

Well, I tried a "20 minute chicken parmesan" recipe last night from one of my southern living cookbooks...and it wasn't a huge hit here (thats why there is no picture for it). The recipe called for store-bought spaghetti sauce over the chicken, and so I used some Ragu...I think this ruined it. The sauce was a little bland...I think the recipe really needed some fresh home made tomato sauce...with lots of seasonings. The chicken part turned out well (i pounded it thin and pan fried it in olive oil after coating it with milk and italian breadcrumbs. Yum! I might use this recipe alone for dinner one night. I don't like using eggs to coat the chicken because I always burn it...I think the eggs cook faster or something. Actually to be honest I tried coating it with half and half (i needed to conserve the milk) ...but i didn't notice any difference. Next time I'll just use the milk.

On another note...please PLEASE feel free to contribute recipes!!! This blog is going to get really boring if I am forced to use only my own recipes!! However I will not accept any recipes that in any way refer to rivals of the UGA Bulldogs. ;)

No comments: